So many unicorn decorations out there right now are the same disembodied horn, flowers, and eyelashes design. For those of you who prefer a whole adorable unicorn like me, here’s a free unicorn birthday banner that bucks the trend!
I still think the solo horn and eyelashes is cute on a cake but for some reason seeing it all over t-shirts and party decor just drives me nuts. I think it’s just so overdone that I’m tired of it. So I created a unicorn banner with clouds and a sleepy unicorn that will be a perfect addition to any unicorn theme, whether you go full rainbow unicorn (my fave!) or stick with chubby baby unicorns in pastels.
(Get the cake topper featured above here.)
PS: If you are planning a magical unicorn party and avoiding the played-out horn and eyes decor, I have lots of rainbow unicorn-themed freebies I created to celebrate my soon-to-be-released unicorn birthday shirts. Sign up to join my Happy Mail list via the box below and you’ll get 4 free professionally designed unicorn party printables in your inbox today AND a special deal once my shirts launch in July.
Free Unicorn Birthday Banner Printable
- This template
- White cardstock – 2+ pages depending on how long you want your banner
- Colored pencils, markers, or crayons
- Ribbon for hanging
- Hot glue
1. Print out the template on white cardstock.
2. Color it in to match your party theme. (I like using colored pencils because they blend in well without leaving a lot of visible lines.)
3. Cut out the pieces.
4. Lay them out to determine how many clouds you need total and where to add the clouds with unicorns.
5. Cut your string the length you want. I made mine 6.5′ even though I only used 7 clouds. I have 2′ tails on each end as I like to be able to tie my banner on some hooks I have up in our entryway. Use ribbon so it’s easier to control the clouds flipping around. I first used yarn and it was a nuisance. Flat ribbon keeps the individual pieces upright much better.
6. Glue your ribbon to the top 1/3 of your cloud to avoid the banner flipping around on you. (I didn’t do that on my final one–I glued right in the middle–and I had to keep adjusting some of the clouds while taking pictures.)
Hang up and enjoy!
Want more unicorn freebies? Snag more adorable rainbow unicorn themed printables including party favor tags, thank you cards, cupcake toppers, and wrappers by joining the Yippitee Happy Mail list below.
Love this post? Pin it on Pinterest!