My son’s third birthday party this past winter was a monster explosion, from monster footprints leading up to the front door to these goofy-cute monster finger puppets for kids to take home. (He had the same puppets on his birthday shirt and all over his amazing space monsters cake so it was extra special to let each kid at the party have one of their own.)
I even made these DIY monster masks so that all the kiddos could look the part for the whole party. They loved them! Even Grandma and Grandpa wore masks, haha.
13 Monster Party Favors All Kids Will Love, Plus Cute Bags to Put Them In
In my search for monster cuteness, I came across a ton of really fun ideas for monster party favors. If you’re on the lookout for a fun collection for your next monster birthday party, check out the lists below. I’ve broken the ideas down into the following categories: DIY, shop, treats, and packaging.
4 DIY Monster Party Favors
Ideas you can whip together, with items you may already have at home (if you’re the crafting type).
1. The felt monster mask I made for my son’s birthday guests. Get the free template on my blog – it has interchangeable pieces to make tons of different combos.
2. Monster pencils. Grab the DIY steps here.
4. Monster pom poms. Create these simple pom poms for an “Adopt a Monster” party favor display.
5 Monster Party Favor Ideas to Buy
Looking for quick and easy? Here are some cute monster items you can add to cart.
1. My favorite monster finger puppets were a big hit at Aidan’s party. Packaged in a cellophane bag with our free bag topper it only needs a little something extra – color-coordinated candies or even confetti or Easter basket grass if you want to avoid sugar.
3. Monster eyes. These silly monster eyeball puppets look like fun.
4. Monster soap. Or these monster-shaped soaps.
5. Stuffed monsters. If you like the idea of having an “Adopt a Monster” station but don’t want to make your own, you can purchase handmade stuffed monsters on Etsy.
4 Edible Monster Party Favors
Bag up any of these cute monster treats for an edible party favor your invitees can enjoy later.
1. Decorated sugar cookies. These you could make yourself or buy from a local baker. I love finding bakers to support via local Facebook groups and Yelp. (The cookies above were created by Magnolia Lee Baking & Sugar Art.) If you want to show off your own royal icing skills, get monster sugar cookie inspiration on my earlier blog post.
2. Monster rice cereal treats are adorable and very easy to do.
4. These candy holding monster cards are a cute way to hand out something as simple as candy bars.
Monster Bags and Boxes
Need something to put all those adorable treats and sweets in? Check out these fun monster-themed containers.
1. Mini monster boxes. These pre-printed boxes are so adorable! Be careful of the small size though and check to be sure your goodies will fit inside.
2. Little baskets. But how cute are these?!
3. Monster bags. Or these fun cellophane bags!
4. Pillow box. And here’s a freebie – monster pillow box printable.
5. Bag tags. I’ve got a freebie for you too – these bag toppers! Just enter your email below to get three free monster party printables (an invitation, bag toppers, and thank you cards) in your inbox. See them all here.
Have a favorite monster-themed party favor I missed? Add it to the comments! And if you liked this post, please pin it to Pinterest.
- 8 Unique Healthy Party Favors
- Ultimate Monster Birthday Cake Inspiration Board
- 15 Adorable Monster Birthday Shirts For Ages 1-5